A Message from our CEO
To All Boys & Girls Club of Moorpark & Simi Valley Families,
Safety is the number one priority of Boys & Girls Club of Moorpark & Simi Valley, and we are doing everything possible to keep children, our staff, and volunteers protected from the COVID-19 virus.
We continue to monitor all updates from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ventura County health department for updated information. We are advising all staff, families, and youth members to take precautions as recommended by the CDC, and providing additional resources like handwashing guides, and information about how to talk to young people about the spread of COVID-19.
At this time, the Club is open with the following additional safety precautions in place:
- Adhere to all safety guidelines, including current CDC guidance for childcare as well as any local regulations which may vary by jurisdiction.
- Perform routine wellness checks & health screenings throughout the day. Temperatures outside the facility will be taken upon arrival to the Club. Any member or staff with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above will not be allowed to attend for the day.
- It is our goal to properly enforce and maintain a social distancing of 6 feet at all times between all individuals during operational hours.
- Increase universal precautions. Ensure that every staff person and child wash their hands throughout the day on a regular basis, at least every hour. In addition, ensure handwashing occurs before and after snacks or lunch, at entry, and before exit.
- Designate a “Quarantine” area and notify families should any member or staff develop symptoms of COVID-19 during the day.
Please understand that even with reasonable precautions in place, we are unable to guarantee there will not be exposure to COVID-19. We advise that you make any decisions for your family with this in mind.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Moorpark & Simi Valley is the only place that some of the families in our community can turn to when schools are closed. We are monitoring this diligently and will continue to operate as long as we are able to provide a safe environment for young people. As always, we place the safety of our youth and staff at the highest level.
If community members have additional questions, please contact Scott Mosher, Chief Executive Officer at (805) 527-4437 or email at email@example.com