Health & Life Skills
We are committed to helping develop young people's capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals, and live successfully as self-sufficient adults. Some of our programs include:
- Kids In Control
- Safety Awareness Program
- Goals for Growth
- Goal setting program for 8-12 year olds.
- SMART Moves
- Provides members with the knowledge, skills, and self esteem to help them avoid risky behaviors and situations including tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs.
- SMART Girls
- To prepare girls ages 10-15 to make positive decisions and to develop healthy attitudes and lifestyles.
- Street SMART
- To help young people ages 11-13 successfully identify, resist, and resolve negative conflict.
- Tobacco Education
- To educate and train participants about the dangers of tobacco use, to resist peer pressure, and dissuade peers from using tobacco.